Falls and Fall Prevention
The CDC’s Stopping Elderly Accidents, Deaths and Injuries (STEADI) website includes information for both health-care providers and older adults about falls, how to prevent falls and, for health-care providers, key questions to ask older adult patients in order to assess falls and fall risk.
Visit the sites below if you’re interested in learning more about aging or disability resources.
- The Administration for Community Living
- The National Association of Area Agencies on Aging
- Directory of Centers for Independent Living
- National Rehabilitation Information Center (NARIC)
- NARRTC (formerly known as the National Association of Rehabilitation Research and Training Centers)
- National Center on Health, Physical Activity and Disability (NCHPAD)
St. Louis Area Resources
- Harvey A. Friedman Center for Aging
- The Charles F. and Joanne Knight Alzheimer’s Disease Research Center (Knight ADRC)
- Washington University Institute of Clinical and Translational Sciences
- Community Engagement for Disability and Aging Research (CEDAR) Midwest